Paul is trying really hard to crawl, and getting better at it every day. I'll try to get another video soon and post it. We tried starting Paul with some rice cereal about 2 weeks ago for the first time. Mary and Gary were here, and we wanted to include them on that milestone. That first feeding didn't go so well. Paul wouldn't let us get the cereal in his mouth, made yucky faces and gaggy noises. I waited about a week and have been trying a little once a day for the past week. He has gotten a little more used to it, but still not a big fan. I can get him to eat about a teaspoon each time. He seems very content with just nursing for now, so I'm not pushing it. He is also blowing raspberries like crazy, squealing and becoming much more interactive. Its fun to see his personality starting to come out.
Paul has recently started sleeping through the night! whoohoo! When we got back after our big trip over Labor Day, I tried to really encourage him to give up his middle of the night feeding. He was sleeping through the night every once in a while, and I could tell that he wasn't really hungry when he woke up at night. So I started by nursing him less and less each night (from 15 minutes down to 2 minutes) and then putting him back down. Even when I would make him stop nursing, if he fussed a little, he would fall asleep within literally 3o seconds of me putting him back down with his pacifier. Now, instead of waking up once at night to nurse and then sleeping to 8, he has been sleeping through the night and getting up at 7. I don't mind this one bit! On the days I work, this means I can nurse him before I leave, which is way better than pumping, and we are all getting more sleep without that middle of the night feeding. I know he might revert back to waking up at night when we travel or if he gets sick, etc, but its nice to know that it shouldn't take too long to get him back to his routine.
Everyone always comments that Paul is such a happy baby, and I have to agree! He is smiling and laughing and playing all the time... as long as we RESPECT THE NAPS!! I am quickly turning into a nap nazi, as I can see a HUGE change in my baby when he doesn't get his naps at the right time of day. I don't mind pushing the nap schedule around every once in a while, as long as he gets good naps most of the time. I absolutely LOVE the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It is amazing. I highly recommend it!
Here are some recent pics of the little man. I'll try to get some videos up soon!


1 comment:
So cute! Love all the pictures.
Post a Comment