I can't believe it has been almost a month since I have blogged. I feel like so much has happened in the last month, Paul is learning new things and changing every day. Micah has been swamped with school lately, and I worked a lot of extra days in October, so we had a busy month all around.
In Paul news, he is moving ALL OVER THE PLACE!! He is getting really fast! He has recently (in the last week) started pulling up on things to stand. So far he hasn't mastered the couch or coffee table because they are a little too tall, but he can pull up on us and on his bouncy seat and a few other things. Crazy huh? Before we know it, he will be walking!
Paul is still not a huge fan of solid foods. He is a little better at eating the rice cereal if I mix a little applesauce with it. We have tried a couple of vegetables (sweet potatos and squash) with mixed reviews. Yesterday I tried a chicken and apple puree with him, and he seemed to like it (read- not spit all over and fuss). I've also been giving him small pieces of mashed up banana if I'm eating one and he intrigued by that as well.
Paul is also still our little bitty guy... He was on the 25% line pretty steady for a long time, and at his 6 month checkup last month, he had completely fallen off of the growth curve. Our doctor thinks part of that was due to him being so active for his age. I have been doing a few things to try and increase my milk supply, and in the meantime we have been giving Paul a bottle with about 4 extra ounces at night after I nurse him. After a few weeks, my stock of frozen breastmilk was almost depleted, and my milk supply had not increased as much as I had wanted, so we made the decision to mix his evening bottle with a little formula. This way I know I will have enough milk to give him bottles of breastmilk while I am working. I was worried the first night that I gave him formula, I thought he would protest the taste, but the little booger didn't even bat an eyelash! We checked his weight again at the doctor on Friday, and he had gained 11oz in 4 weeks. He is officially back on the growth curve! (barely) Hopefully as he continues to get more of an appetite for solid food he will stay on that curve! Although my Mom reminded me that as a baby, I was very small for my age for a long time as well. She says she kept me in newborn-3 month clothes until close to 8 months! So maybe Paul takes after me more than we thought. :-)
I have been enjoying my new phone, the HTC Hero with Sprint. I can even play Baby Einstein videos on it for Paul if we are out of the house and he has a meltdown. Ah, technology...
The Holidays will be here before we know it and we can't wait! We are looking forward to spending some time up in Westford for Christmas!
Here are a couple of videos I took recently with my phone.
FYI- I have decided to try to start uploading more videos to youtube, but I won't bore you all with the boring or repetetive ones. I figure there are only a few people (ie grandparents) that will want to watch all of them. If you are interested in these videos, you can go to www.youtube.com/momoshaw, and subscribe to my videos!


No comments:
Post a Comment