Monday, December 7, 2009

8 months... a little late.

Blogging seems to have fallen to the wayside for me for a while. I must admit that this lapse in updating probably has more to do with a bit of laziness and not using my time wisely, rather than true business. But enough with excuses, on to my update on the little man!

We are loving watching Paul grow and change these days. His little personality is coming out all the time. He is usually so happy, and easily gives smiles and giggles to everyone he sees. He is also babbling like crazy all the time and I keep trying to hear a word or two in there somewhere. We joke that he is saying mama already, because when he is crying it sounds like "Maaahhhhh" :-) Most of the time it sounds like he is discussing his favorite old TV show about a talking horse "Eddd, Eddd, Eddd..."

Paul is also so active and crawling, climbing, standing almost on his own (he stands next to the coffee table or couch with one hand out lightly holding on to balance himself.) We think that he will be walking soon. Yikes!! Luckily he enjoys playing in his pack n' play for a while each day to give me a little break. I wonder how long it will be before he figures out how to climb out of his crib and playpen. Hopefully it will be quite a while, but he is already trying. Seriously, I often find him hanging from the bars on his crib or the top of the playpen, swinging his legs trying to climb out.

On sadder news (well, sad for me) I am not nursing very much anymore. We started supplementing with some formula at 7 months because Paul wasn't gaining weight and my milk supply was going down. Despite my best efforts, my milk supply has continued to dwindle. I am trying not to be down about it, because really, Paul is trying to wean himself at this point as well. I am still nursing him a little in the morning but I don't think that will be lasting much longer either. I'm thankful I was able to make it as long as I did with nursing. I am a little surprised at how much this transition is effecting me emotionally. I am very sad to leave this stage with Paul, and I honestly miss those late night feedings when he was so little, and he would fall asleep in my arms. Sigh... Paul does NOT like to be rocked anymore and only cuddles with me when we watch baby einstein before bed. Little booger!

We are very much looking forward to the holidays with our little guy! I'm sure he will be fascinated by all the decorations, ripping open presents (I am tempted to wrap up empty boxes so he can have more fun with the paper... I know at this point he is likely to be more interested in the paper and boxes than any actual presents). We are going to visit our Orlando friends this weekend, and a trip to Disney is surely in order. We're so excited about visiting with them and getting Paul's reaction to the giant Disney characters. Hopefully he will not take after me in that department. My parents have some (thankfully) silent movies of me as a toddler SCREAMING when any of the disney characters came near me. haha!

Here are a few recent pics and videos. The videos were all taken with either my digital camera or my phone, hence the quality. I've been having trouble uploading the larger files from our camcorder onto youtube. Hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Sorry for the shakiness of this one, I was feeding Paul with one hand and trying to take a video with my phone with the other hand, while not getting sweet potatoes all over it...



Here he is trying to stand up... kind of boring but I guess I'm a little biased and think its super cute. :-P



I wanted to catch a quick video of how fast he's gotten at crawling. He actually goes faster than this if he's going after something.



His first time with the sippy cup. (don't worry my dentist friends... its just water! I have only given him a little juice a few times when he has a hard time pooping)



My boys, minus Roo.


Paul wants to be an oral surgeon when he grows up...

Studying hard...

Our newest development! The teething process hasn't seemed to bother him much, but he's been having trouble napping the last couple of days (he's had the teeth for over a week, so I wasn't sure if they were related)

1 comment:

lrs2 said...

thanks for sharing the videos, melissa! hope you guys have fun at disney. can't wait to see everyone soon!