Monday, February 15, 2010

11 months (almost)

Miss me? Is anyone out there still reading this? I'm guessing that unless you have this blog on your RSS reader, you are not still reading, as I haven't posted anything since Christmas.

So I know technically, Paul is not 11 months until the end of this week, but I have the time and motivation to post now, so I figured I'd go ahead. Wow, I've just gotten used to calling him 10 months and now that is almost over!

Paul has grown up so much in the last couple months, it is truly amazing. He has been walking for over a month now. He started walking about a week or 2 before turning 10 months. Crazy! Now he is trying to run. It is so cute, because he has gotten really steady on his feet, and will be walking around, then get really excited and try to run, and fall over almost immediately. Hilarious! I haven't caught this on film just yet, but I'll try to get it.

Paul is still our little bitty guy, but getting bigger. At his 9 month checkup, (which was actually around 9 1/2 months) he was 18 1/2 lb. He is in the 10% for height, and 20% for weight. Our doctor is not worried about his size anymore, as he has jumped back on the growth chart and staying around the same percentile. He's doing good! Its funny to see him next to other kids around his age or a little older, because he looks so small!

Paul decided right around christmas time that he was done nursing. We started him on formula fully and he has been doing great. No tummy issues, which was my concern.

Just recently we've had a little issue with separation anxiety. He has become a little more clingy to me, which I have to admit, I kind of like. (Its nice to be wanted!) When we are home alone, if I put him in his playpen to play while I do other things around the house, he is happy and content... until I leave his line of sight. As soon as he can't see me, he starts crying. So I'll end up playing "peek a boo" around the corner of the kitchen a couple times to reassure him that I'm still there. :-) And often, when other people are around, he will play and be happy for a while, but then always want to come back to me.

I am going to try hard to post more often, and just make the posts shorter to make it easier. We'll see how that goes.

Here are some recent videos and pictures. I realized the other day that I don't have that many pictures from the last couple of months, but that is mostly because he doesnt hold still long enough for me to take a picture!

This was in December when we were visiting the Mulhalls in Orlando. We had just gotten back from the Magic Kingdom that day, and Paul was so tired he was getting silly. :-)



First steps on Jan 11, 2010



Getting a little better at walking, January 21



My absolute favorite picture we have ever taken of Paul... a little explanation: He had some diaper rash so we had naked time to let it air out a bit. I was snapping a few pictures because he was being so cute, and just happened to catch this on film...


I'll try to post a couple more pictures and videos later. Thanks for reading, anyone who is still out there!

7 comments:

Cammy said...

Glad you posted again (and yes, I have you on Google Reader). Paul gets cuter and cuter each time I see a photo of him!

Cammy said...

I do have you on Google Reader, but I'm so glad you posted again!

The videos of him are awesome. I love how he is laughing so SO hard in the first video. Sheesh, I wish I was so easily amused. Aw, to be a wee babe again. And I'm so very impressed that you were able to actually capture his first steps on video. Very nice!

he gets cuter and cuter with every photo I see!

Sara said...

wait, did you mean to say Paul was so tired he was silly, or MICAH was so tired he was silly??....

Melissa said...

haha... well, paul was so over-tired that he just kept laughing at everything we did. He CRASHED shortly after this. We were pretty tired too... after an afternoon at disney with a 9 month old. :-P

Laura said...

Paul is doing so well with the walking!! That last picture is hilarious. :) Noah did the same thing a few weeks ago. I put him down on the floor to walk around and air out, and he immediately went and peed on the diaper pail. :)

Meaghan said...

I'm still reading...thanks to Google reader! I feel the same way you do...should I even keep writing if no one is still reading?!? I mean, my parents read, but we live close to them now, so it's not really necessary. :)

I CANNOT believe that he's already 11 months. That is totally CRAZY! He's super cute!! Any plans for his birthday??

Melissa said...

We're planning on doing a joint birthday with my family for Paul and my niece Karissa. Their birthdays are 3 days apart. My parents want to take the kids to the Aquarium, so we think we'll let them do that while the parents hang out at the Brick Store for the afternoon. :-P My sister in law and I figure we're the ones who did all the work on their actual birthdays, so we deserve to celebrate. ha!