Time sure does seem to be flying by these days. Micah reminded me a little while ago that it was time to take another picture. Has is been another week already? I have been assured by some friends that the last month or so will seem to drag on, so the "flying" may come to a halt at some point. Honestly, I am torn between the excitement of wanting to meet our son, and the part of me that knows there is SO MUCH to do before he comes! I'm not just talking about baby stuff to do, here. My goal was to finish my research project and finish my boards studying before Paul arrives, because, lets face it, I will NOT get it done after that. And, well, you know how bad of a procrastinator I am, so lets just stay that not much has been accomplished in the last few months. I find that I would much rather come home and relax, watch TV, take a nap, read a baby book, etc, than study for an exam. And, that time that is supposed to be set aside in my schedule at work for research... lets just call it non-existent at this point. So, please pray that I will start to find the motivation to be more productive! If I can study for a little-bit when I get home instead of watching that stupid TV show, then I will still have plenty of time to nap, read, and enjoy the holiday season. :-) Motivation and discipline are not my strong suits, so please pray that I will get better!
Other than that, I have been feeling pretty good lately. I have had a few bouts with some nasty acid reflux (yuck) but my Tums do double duty for me on that one. (Great source of calcium, and acid fighter!) If I steer clear of acid triggers, especially at night, it is much better. Unfortunately, I have been LOVING orange juice lately, so I have to make sure I limit my intake otherwise I feel a little sick afterward.
Paul is moving and kicking all the time. He seems to love sugar, and has a party whenever I have it. He was also very active today while Micah and I were watching the final table of WSOP. Future poker player? Micah thought it had more to do with the waffles. :-)
Here are new pictures for the week. I am growing every day, and now you can actually see the bump a little when I'm wearing scrubs.


I'm very excited about the next couple of weeks. We are going to a wedding of some friends in Atlanta next weekend, then we have THANKSGIVING in ST LOUIS! whoohoo! Hopefully, I will have more time with my family this trip than Labor day, when I spent most of the weekend sleeping. (1st trimester sleepiness)
We are already listening to Christmas music around here! I love it! Hopefully we will get our tree up sometime this week.
2 comments:
Hey Melissa!
I love the kitty pics - they are so cute! :) Can't believe Paul is so big already! (but still so tiny!!)
I know EXACTLY what you mean about the whole procrastination thing - I am definitely in that place right now. It is hard to stay motivated for things that are so far in the future and that you aren't very excited about! But, your post gave me hope, because I consider you a pretty successful person. So, if you've made it through alright, then hopefully I will too! And, I don't even have the baby excuse!! :)
Glad to hear that things are going well!
Hey girl!! Where are you going to be in St. Louis? We are going to visit there too! You look fantastic - thanks so much for keeping us posted on your blog. :-D
Post a Comment