Sunday, November 9, 2008

And the winner is...

Sorry to all of you out there rooting for Frank Jr. Jr., but we have gone a different direction with our son's name. :-)

We are proud to introduce our son, Paul Gideon Shaw.

We are naming him Paul after Micah's grandfather, who was the one to suggest Micah's name way back when. The story goes that Micah was the name of the sherriff on "The Riflemen", his favorite TV show, and he suggested the name to Micah's parents. Since his parents were looking for a good biblical name, it worked for them too!

We decided on the middle name after a lot of discussion, because we both really love the story of Gideon in the bible. (And we like the way it sounds!) Gideon (which means Great Warrior) is such a great example of following God even when his plan doesn't make sense to us at the time. (How are we supposed to defeat an army with only 300 people?? Ok, we'll keep doing it your way, God...)

Paul is definitely growing and getting stronger every day! I am feeling him kick and move all the time now, it is incredible! (Especially after I eat something sugary... then he throws a rave in there... with all that moving around I just imagine techno music blaring and him dancing around waving glo-sticks. I know its weird, but that's what I think of.)

It has been really neat to start calling our son by his name. I think we both feel a stronger connection to him now, with a name, and all of the movement we are feeling. It is like we are finally getting to know him! We can't wait to meet you Paul!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I LOVE the name Gideon! What a great middle name and Paul Gideon sounds very nice. Y'all are brave to put this out there... but, you've decided. You're not asking for opinions, so that's good. Yea for calling your son by his name!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see you guys this month! I'll finally get to say hello to my nephew! BTW- Are we making bets on how many monogrammed things mom will have by then? :) Love you guys!
~Aunt Melanie