So I couldn't let this story pass and not put it on the blog. I have to preface this story with two things. First, Paul only poops about once every other day (which is apparently perfectly normal, although less common in breastfed babies. When he does poop, it is a HUGE load. So far we haven't had much problem with leakage. These Pampers Swaddlers are super absorbant, its pretty incredible.
Second, a friend of mine gave me some advice before Paul was born. She said that if we ever had a huge diaper blowout, try the next size bigger diaper, he may just be outgrowing the size he had on. Good advice, right?
So, we noticed around Easter that the newborn size diapers were getting pretty snug around his legs, and a lot harder to fasten. So we went ahead and started using the size 1 diapers we had. They still seem kind of big on him, but they have been working fine. Yesterday I was cleaning up in Paul's room and found a few stray newborn size diapers. So I figured I'd go ahead and use them while he still could squeeze into them.
Today after Paul ate and was pretty happy and playing, I set him in his bouncy seat and he was having a grand old time. Then I saw a brown spot on the front of his onsie (around the area of his bellybutton) Hmm... what could that be??
That's right people, my sweet little boy had filled up that diaper so much that not only did it leak out around the legs, but up the back, and out the front as well. It was certainly a sight to see. Now I have to wash the bouncy seat cover, among other things. :-P Note to self... no more newborn diapers. I wouldn't have been as surprised by this if it had just made a mess out the back of his diaper. But considering he was laying on his back the whole time, it kind of shocked me how much poop had come out the front of his diaper. haha!


1 comment:
i totally loved that book you mentioned. it helped us a lot too. i am glad things are going well.
Post a Comment