Tuesday, April 21, 2009

One Month!!

Wow, I can't believe my little baby is one month old allready! He is growing and changing every day. It is incredible!

I also can't believe I haven't posted in so long. yeesh. Taking care of a newborn is so much harder than I thought it would be. I mean, I *knew* it was going to be hard... but you just can't prepare yourself for the reality of a newborn. I can't imagine what its like for people with twins or more! But all the hard work is more than worth it. :-)

Some new things in the past few weeks... We had a great visit from Micah's parents. Paul loved spending time with Mimi and Grandpa, and they even babysat one evening so Micah and I could go out. We got to go to a cookout that some friends were having. AND... since they gave him a bottle while we were out and there was a longer time span between me nursing him, I got to have a beer. My first beer experience in 10 months was a Blue Moon (yum!) Maybe I should review it on Micah's blog??


Paul being a little worm... all snug and swaddled up

Easter morning

We have started giving Paul real baths now. The first one he HATED... screamed the whole time! Now he really enjoys them. He's happy and content the whole time... until we take him out, then he cries!

His first real bath... not a happy camper!

We started getting into somewhat of a nighttime routine over the past few weeks. I usually nurse Paul around 9pm and put him down for the night, and lately he's been sleeping until around 2am before getting up again. Unfortunately, he forgot that he knew how to do this the last couple of nights, and has been having trouble sleeping. Hopefully we will get back into the swing of things soon.

Unfortunately, I have less than 2 weeks before I have to go back to work. :-( I know the transition will be hard, but it makes me feel a lot better that Micah will be staying with Paul for the first two weeks, and then we have family coming to help and stay with him until I am done with the residency June 30. Then I will be starting my part time job, so I will be able to stay home with Paul a lot more. yay! We have until June 30 to find a babysitter. If you know of anyone in the area that is interested, let me know! (Stay at home mom, or student with a flexible schedule who wants to earn some money and spend two to three mornings a week with the cutest baby ever!)

Here are some more pictures from the last couple weeks! He's getting so big and changing every day!
Hanging out in his awesome crib! Thanks for the cool letters Aunt Lydia!

He really enjoys laying on his changing table sometimes. He'll lay there for a pretty long time just staring at the wall or at his pal Tigger, waving his arms and legs and being cute!

Ninja baby! He has found ways to defy the swaddle blanket we were using. It works great if he's calm when we swaddle him, otherwise we can't get it tight enough and this happens. We bought a miracle blanket last week and it has worked great! Almost impossible to wriggle out of!

Paul meeting his future girlfriend Reagan! Micah's classmate Chris and his wife Elizabeth had a beautiful girl on April 7th. She and Paul will probably be dental school classmates. haha!

I gave him a little mohawk the other day... so cute!

Just being adorable!

"Ok Mom! Please stop taking pictures of me!" He has allready perfected the pouty face!

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

I am LOVING that mohawk! Hilarious! It'll be hard to go back to work, but nice that you're almost done and can spend a lot more time with him very soon! Enjoy these last 2 weeks with him!