I know I have said this in probably every single blog post about Paul, but I am amazed at how much and how fast he grows, changes, and learns! Over the past couple of months in particular, he has really sprouted. He is definitely catching up as far as his height and weight go. I don't know the particular percentiles, since we don't go back to the pediatrician until next month, but he has seriously hit a growth spurt lately!
Paul's intense obsession with balls has shifted to trains, cars, trucks, and basically anything that can "go". Paul discovered Thomas the train about a month ago at my friend's house, and has been seriously obsessed ever since. Grandma Haley got Paul a cute set of Thomas the train pajamas, and he got so excited about them. Since I can't let him wear them every single night, Paul started grabbing the pajamas out of the laundry hamper and taking them into his crib. Now, when we go get him in the morning or after his nap, he almost always looks up at me and asks "train?? train??" Also, anything that could remotely resemble a car gets pushed around on the floor with "vroom" noises. How stinking cute is that?
Paul's vocabulary has exploded in the past few weeks. He talks and talks and talks ALL the time, carrying on lengthy conversations that only he can understand. But, more and more we are picking out words here and there. I decided to make a list of all of his words the other day and so far have come up with about 25. It seems like we hear a new one almost every other day. Seriously, he is learning so quick, it just kills me!
Having too much fun at the mexican restaurant. "Mommy I looove beans!"
Helping Daddy put in the new floors. Such a good helper!
Hanging out at his desk!
Mmmm! Chicken wing!
"I love chicken wiiiiiinnnngggggs!"
One other funny "trick" that Paul started doing was calling Micah by name. He will go to him when I say "Go to Daddy" or "Give Daddy a hug", but rarely actually says the words Daddy or Mommy. Instead, when Micah asks him "Who am I?" we get this response...


1 comment:
Haha! That video is awesome. Ava uses our first name as well- but only after Patrick or I say it....it's still mostly mommy and daddy. :)
Can't believe he's already 19 months. They grow incredibly fast, and before you know it...they're not babies anymore. Enjoy!!
Post a Comment