Wow, has it really been 5 months already?? I can hardly believe it! Paul is doing great. It seems like he gets bigger and learns something new everyday. He is a big mover now. He has figured out that he can get pretty far just rolling around. Sometimes on his belly, he tries to get his knees up under him, so it seems like scooting can't be too far off. (It will be here too soon for me, I'm sure!)
He is eating well, and he is still exclusively breastfed, which is a huge answer to prayer! I feel like I am constantly attached to a pump or to him, but I know that it is worth it. I was a little worried about our supply when I started working again, but I think our frozen stock should help get us through until he is eating solids, and then it should be easier because I wont' have to pump so much when I am gone. Our doctor says we can start him on rice cereal any time. We were thinking of waiting until right at 6 months before introducing it. He seems more and more interested in the food we are eating, so I think he will be ready soon. However, we don't want to start with solids until at least after Labor Day, since we are traveling to Florida for Lydia and Brian's wedding. If Paul ends up having any bad food reactions or tummy troubles, I don't want that to happen while we are traveling!
Here are some recent pictures. Enjoy!
I also shot some video of Paul today while we were hanging out, and Micah was at school. Please excuse the poor production value of the videos. I took them on my little point and shoot, and Paul kept kicking and grabbing and rolling, so the videos are pretty shaky. I thought it was hilarious that in the second video he was trying to eat the camera.


No comments:
Post a Comment