Taking advantage of their hard work in scouring the deals at various stores, I ventured out on my first Walgreens and Publix couponing extravaganza. Here is a picture of all the loot I got:
Total value- over $60
Paid out of pocket- $11 (whoohoo)
I realized after the fact that if I had changed the order of how I purchased things at walgreens, I would have saved an extra $2. But not bad for a beginner.
I was really excited because CVS also had some great deals this week, but learned my lesson that you have to get there early for these deals. There were 2 items that were "moneymakers" and were key to my whole plan... they were of course sold out by Monday evening when I got a chance to go. Oh well. I'll try again next week if they have some good stuff we need on sale.
My rule for couponing right now is that I cannot buy something that we would not normally buy/use unless it is free or a money maker.
I think I will go back to Walgreens for more cereal ($1/box) and Publix for more pasta ($0.32/box) since they are such a good deal.
I know this is outside my normal topics for blogging, but I was very proud of myself today and wanted to share! Here's to saving money!!


4 comments:
i am proud of you.
Woo hoo! Isn't it exciting to save that much money on groceries? I kinda look forward to grocery shopping now. I want to see how well I can do! Great job!
Become friends with the store manager at your Publix. Scott is our store manager and he is always giving me a heads up for upcoming deals. Sometimes, he will even sneak a coupon to me. The check out clerks love it when I come in because they are always impressed on how much I save.
Sign up for vocalpoint.com. It gives you coupons and free samples. Also, coupons.com, redplum.com coupons2.smartsource.com are some great online coupon sources.
You are doing awesome...keep it up as every little part helps. Good luck saving!
check out http://thelavenderlily.blogspot.com/. She has a couponing entry you might like.
Post a Comment