I'll post a longer update later, with pictures and things, but here is a quick update from his appointment today.
Stats: 10lb 15 oz (we can pretty much round up to 11lb) 23 inches long. He is in the 25% for height and weight (around the same as last time) and 10% for head circumference (same as last time) We joke around that Paul has a pin-head. Micah says that when he was growing up, Mrs. Beals always called him a pin-head because his head was so small. I think it may have had something to do with the comparison of Micah's head to Aaron's huge noggin. haha Looks like we have a 2nd generation pin-head on our hands! :-)
After the checkup with the doctor, the nurse came in to give him his vaccinations. The first one (for rotavirus) was oral, and he really liked it. Yum! Then, she had to give him 3 injections. Poor thing didn't know what hit him. It took him about 2 seconds before he realized what had happened and then he started screaming bloody murder. Oh my goodness, my heart hurt so bad to see him scream like that. I thought I had seen really bad screaming when he was going through his really fussy stage and screaming at night, but I had never seen anything like this. Poor little guy. :-( The nurse finished very quickly and handed him back to me and I started nursing him immediately. He calmed down very quickly once I started nursing him.
*** Updated on Friday ***
He was pretty fussy for the rest of the afternoon and had a hard time going to sleep. So he was pretty much awake from 2pm to 6 pm (which is really unusual for him) He finally crashed at 6, and slept really hard. I woke him up to eat before I went to bed and he slept well most of the night. Hopefully he is not being too fussy for Dyane today.
Only 5 1/2 more weeks left of the residency!! Whoohoo!!!!!!!!!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!


3 comments:
he was great! he is so sweet!
But Michie, your head was always and is still full of insightful and witty comments and wonderful ideas! I am sure that Paul will be the same with Melissa's wonderful brain thrown in as well.
Mrs. B
But Michie, your head was always and still is full of insightful and witty comments and great ideas! I am sure that Paul will be the same and more so since he has Melissa as his mom.
With Love, Mrs. B.
Post a Comment