Monday, July 28, 2008

2 days and counting...

Until our first pre-natal appointment!! My doctor's general policy is to do early ultrasounds on all of her patients, around 6-8 weeks (I assume it is for more accurate dating, I'm going to ask her when we go in), which, although I guess is not really a necessity, is pretty cool since we will get to SEE our little kidney bean, and hear/see its heartbeat. Wow!!!

Our appointment is Wednesday afternoon, so I'll keep everyone updated that evening. Micah and I are planning Phase II of the "reveal" after we have our appointment. It is getting harder and harder to keep everyone at work from knowing now (I am actually pretty sure that several of my assistants have figured it out, but are just being polite and not mentioning anything until I officially announce it) I am hoping to get to tell more of our friends before word gets around too much, but at the dental school, that is pretty hard (Its worse than high-school where gossip is concerned) I just want to make sure that none of my closer dental school friends are offended by hearing the news second hand from some random dental student, or from a facebook wall post or something, rather than hearing it from me. :-P

In other news, something new I learned last week... apparently my aversion to dairy (which I thought I had "outgrown" for the most part) is back with a vengeance! Luckily, yogurt is still ok, but even a little bit of ice cream and I'm... well... I'll spare you the details. :-) So, it looks like Micah's off the hook for late night ice cream craving runs to Kroger later in the pregnancy. Darn!

Please keep us and our little bean in your prayers for a good first doctor visit!

1 comment:

Dyane said...

ooohhhhh! sooo exciting! i loved going and getting the ultrasound done. it all became sooo much more "real". seeing that little heart beating for the first time swells your heart with sooo much emotion. i wanted to sit and watch it all day. we will be praying for y'all specifically wed. afternoon. look forward to hearing any updates!