So our appointment today went very well! The sonogram was first, and was so cool! We got to see our little kidney bean, and SEE and then HEAR its heartbeat. It was beating so fast! It sounded really funny on the doppler, sort of a cross between a "whoosh" and a "chug". Also, the practice had apparently just purchased some new fancy machines, so we got our ultrasound done on one of them, with the technician lady from GE standing there with us, to make sure the new equipment was functioning correctly. These new machines have 3D ultrasound as well, so they tested that out too, even though we didn't need a 3D image. The 3D picture looked like an ear, it was kind of weird. It also didnt zoom in as much, so it was harder to see. (The outer part of the ear was the outline of the uterus, and the baby and yolk sac looked like the inside of the ear)

According to their measurements, the estimated due date is right on track... March 13! (Friday the 13th. hehe)
Micah took a "pre-baby-bump" picture of me to post here. This way I can see the difference later. Here I am at 7 weeks... the bump is all me, not baby. :-)

That's about all for now! I don't think there will be too much going on in the coming weeks, no expanding baby bump or anything, but we'll keep you all updated!
5 comments:
I like the pre-baby-bump! Its cute! (although I am looking forward to the big belly!)
We're so excited about you hearing the heartbeat today. Whoosh & Chug - such fun words & cute sounds. I'm also glad Micah took the "beginning-baby-bump" (Say that 3 times fast!) photo.
WOW! An ultrasound pic already! Amazing! Enjoy sharing the good news with everyone!
Love All of You!
yay! the heartbeat! isn't that the BEST! it just punctuates the AMAZINGNESS that is going on inside your body at this very second. again, i'm soooo excited for you.
So exciting! :) Fun to have you blogging.
you look great!
Post a Comment