Here is a quote from Baby Center.com:
" The nausea usually starts around six weeks of pregnancy, but it can begin as early as four weeks. It tends to get worse over the next month or so."
You know what I have to say to that?
BOOOOOOOOOOO! (insert old woman from The Princess Bride voiceover)
I have figured out a couple of things over the past several days... hopefully these realizations will help keep things from getting worse (I can always dream, right?)
1) I CANNOT rush to get ready in the morning... this just makes me more ill. As a result, I have to get up earlier, when I'm allready more tired than usual.
2) I LOVE crystallized ginger
3) Peppermint chewing gum has actually helped me get through some queasy spells in the afternoon.
4) Most importantly, I have a WONDERFUL Hubby! (I admit, I did not just realize this in the last several days. hehe. I have known this for quite some time) Micah has been so attentive and wonderful when I have been not feeling well.


4 comments:
Yep, I fell in love with John all over again while I pregnant. I knew he was attentive, but he really stepped it up while I pregnant. You and Micah will develop a closer relationship than you ever thought possible.
I think that being continually reminded of what a wonderful husband I have was one of my very favorite parts of being pregnant. If you've got a man who loves you, you'll really know it in the next 9 months. There are so many opportunities for him to show his love and for you to feel ministered to. I'm so happy for you.
I'm so excited for you Melissa! I can't contribute any words of wisdom like dyane, but I'm enjoying learning all about your experiences. I hope your ginger and cracker cures continue to work. :) Love you!
~Aunt Melanie
to help with the yucky tummy feeling...make sure you always have snacks at work...i had to eat about every two hours...it really helped to keep the nausea under control. plus, you may get low blood sugar easier (i did)...so the snacks will help with that too.
Post a Comment