Tuesday, January 20, 2009

32 weeks!!

Wow! Only 8 more weeks to go! Can you believe it?? I am definitely feeling hugely pregnant these days. Its getting harder to do normal things, like rinsing off dishes to put in the dishwasher... I don't fit as close to the sink as I used to. Or, when I go to give a hug, my belly hits the other person before I do! haha!

I am still feeling pretty good. Sleeping is getting a little harder, I'm waking up more to use the bathroom, and sometimes I get caught up in my body pillow while trying to get out of bed, get frustrated, and then throw it on the floor. Of course I wake up a few hours later wishing I had the body pillow because my hip and/or back are sore.

Here are some belly shots for you from this week. My belly's getting to the point where I have to have good posture when I sit, or it gets really uncomfortable.

Our childbirth classes are going really well. Micah is helping me practice relaxation techniques that we learn in class before we go to bed. This week we did massage techniques in class, so I get to have a backrub every night. yay!

Paul is movin' and groovin' all over the place, all the time. Every once in a while I get a sharp twinge and it feels like he kicked me in the kidney or something. I guess he's just practicing his ninja moves. According to BabyCenter, he is 3.75 lbs and is the size of a large jicama. What is a jicama, you ask? Well, I don't know either, so I googled it.

Well, there you have it. Whatever it is.

At my next OB appointment, they will be doing a sonogram to check his size, position, and fluid levels, etc. So I will have a more definite idea of how big he is in a couple weeks. Please be praying that he is in the right position!!

We got some good progress done on the house this weekend (thanks Dad!). All of the furniture got re-arranged into office/guest room and nursery. We still don't have the baby furniture up yet, (or in our posession yet, although we know what we are getting) but there are now places for it all to go! Now I just have to go through massive piles of junk that had accumulated in both rooms and put it away/throw it away. Fun times!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Have you learned to sit forward all the time (as opposed to leaning back in a chair) and to "tailor sit" yet? Those help the baby to get into the right position for birth.

Melissa said...

yes, i am tailor sitting like crazy!

Laura said...

You look great, Melissa!! Adam told me about your blog and I've enjoyed checking out your pictures. :) We took Bradley classes with our first. Is Christine your instructor? Can't wait to see pictures of little Paul! Eight weeks is going to go by so fast!