Monday was such a great day for us, I wanted to share a couple of updates!
First of all, I had a great meeting with a pediatric dentist here in town about a job after I graduate. We discussed the basics of what I want/need from an associateship right now, and what his practice has to offer. He was very enthusiastic about me joining their team, and said that his main concern was that the final working situation meets my needs. One thing that really impressed me was that when we were setting up a time to meet again in a few weeks, he said that he felt the most important thing for us to be doing in that time is praying about this work situation, and making sure this is the direction God is leading both of us. We talked about where we both go to church, and about my involvement with MCO and mission trips. His practice management consultant is going to contact me as well to go over what I want/need out of this job, and then we will get together again in a few weeks to go over more solid details, etc. It looks like at the moment he would be able to offer me 1 1/2 to 2 days each week, as well as fill in more full time when he is on vacation. I would also get to do some OR work, which is great. I was hoping to do 2 1/2 to 3 days per week, so working at MCG one day may still be an option.
Please keep Micah and I in your prayers as we consider this opportunity, pray over it, and work out the details.
Also, we had our first childbirth class last night, and I really liked it. It was way different than what you see on TV, no hee-hee-hoo-ing or anything like that. Our teacher is teaching the Bradley method (which can be a little extreme, but our teacher is really down to earth and realistic), and her goal is to educate us and prepare us so that we have all the tools to have a good birth experience, and to go into the birthing process without fear. Instead of Lamaze style breathing tricks, they stress relaxation techniques. They also focus a lot on breastfeeding and post-partum support. We were taught some exercises to do at home to help strengthen certain muscle groups for labor, and to widen the birth canal, strengthen the back and relieve back pain, etc. So I have "homework" to do every night. We are also keeping a food diary to make sure we are getting enough protein, calcium, etc. All in all it was a good experience so far, and I'm looking forward to learning more. We are the furthest along in our pregnancy in the class, so the teacher is going to try to combine a couple of classes so we can fit everything in.
Thank you for your prayers!


2 comments:
"certain muscle groups" hehe wink, wink
Glad you enjoyed the class. Keep an open mind and eat the fish and throw away the bones. Don't be easily offended in your medical knowledge and you'll gain a lot.
Great stuff about the possible employer!
great to hear about the augusta pedo! good luck!
so glad to hear your class was good. i read a little about the bradley method...i'll be interested to hear what you think about it. sounds pretty cool...very comprehensive! keep up updated!
Post a Comment