Friday, January 9, 2009

It was bound to happen sooner or later...

I remember a while back talking to a friend about "Things to never say to a pregnant woman" For example... "Wow, you're huge!" "Are you having twins?" etc....

So far this pregnancy, most of people's comments about my size are something along the lines of "you're really carrying all in front", and Micah says that a lot of his classmates have told him how great I look and that it looks like I haven't gained weight anywhere but my belly (haha... the trick I pulled was simply losing about 20lb before I got pregnant, but being gone so much on my rotations, that they never saw me skinny. hehe) Everyone's comments so far have been very nice and made me smile.

Anyway, I got my first "did you really just say that?" comment today. In the OR, one of the nurses asked me how much longer I have before I am due. "2 months" I replied. *Insert shocked look on her face, jaw dropping to the floor* "Wow, that sure it going to be a BIG baby! Hopefully he'll be early! How big of a baby were you??" I just laughed and smiled and said, "Actually I was only a little over 6lb. Maybe you're right and he'll come a little early"

Wow! I can't believe she said that! Or, at least her tone of voice and expression of sheer shock was the part I couldn't believe. haha. Paul has definitely hit a growth spurt in the last few weeks, but COME ON!!

Don't worry, though. At this point, I'm really not feeling self conscious at all about weight. I think I've gained an appropriate-ish amount, and I'm not too concerned at all. I want Paul to be as healthy as possible, and I can worry about getting back in shape later. Plus, I guess I have to remember that the hospital scrubs I am wearing make me look very dumpy. They are kind of baggy in all the wrong places.

Anyway, her comment really made me laugh, and I wanted to share. :-) Can you believe we've hit 31 weeks? Only 9 more (give or take) to go!

We are heading to Atlanta for part of the weekend because I have a conference to go to, and we are planning to go looking at IKEA for some baby room furniture. Exciting! We are going to try to rearrange the bedrooms/office next weekend when we have the holiday. I'm looking forward to getting the baby's room arranged. We have some very cute wall decorations that Lydia and Gary and Mary made for us, so I'll take pictures as soon as we have them hung. Can't wait!

No comments: