Monday, January 26, 2009

"That can't be right..."

The title of this post is what I said to Micah after he took my belly shots last night. I looked at the camera and was like "That can't be right... take it again" I made him retake the picture a couple of times because I didn't believe that my baby belly had gotten that big! haha!




Things have been going pretty well this past week. I'm still feeling good most of the time. Its getting harder to do normal everyday things, like get up and down when I'm sitting, or doing laundry, dishes, etc. (My arms shrunk! Or at least that is what it feels like, since I can't reach as far)

I was having a little trouble with my ankles/feet swelling a couple weeks ago, but since my friend from the hospital in Atlanta gave me a great tip, I haven't had any issues. She said that those little lowcut ankle socks I was wearing were making the problem worse. She had to stop wearing them when she was pregnant. I started wearing regular higher-cut socks, and it has made a big difference. I am wondering if my feet have just gotten bigger in general though, because my Dansko clogs don't fit right now. (sad!) I've heard from other people that their shoe size actually changed after they were pregnant, so we'll see. It seems kind of weird, but I suppose I'll find out in a few months if they do/don't go back to normal.

I am loving feeling Paul dance and move all over the place! He sometimes makes it a little harder to go to sleep, but only for a few minutes. According to my weekly email, he is the size of a Pineapple! hahaha. When I read that I immediately thought of the show "Psych" and how my mom is always able to spot the pineapple in each episode. You can definitely spot my pineapple these days! There is no hiding him!

7 more weeks! (Give or take) Please be praying that 1) Paul is in the correct position for birth, 2) I am able to continue sleeping well until he gets here 3) Micah and I continue to prepare for the birthing process and for the adventure that comes after that!

I am looking forward to the baby shower that Deb, Elaine and Allison are throwing for me up in Athens in a couple weeks. I'm so excited to see everyone! yay!! None of them have seen the baby belly in person yet! (did I use enough exclamation points there? did I get my point across?) :-)

Our next Dr. appt is on Feb 4, and will have a sonogram, so I'll have more pictures of Paul to share after that.

1 comment:

lrs2 said...

Hey Melissa! You are looking great! Can't wait until Paul gets here!! I really love that green sweater. It looks great on you. Also, hilarious about the random belly touching. Micah has a good solution.