Thursday, March 19, 2009

Welcome to the World Paul Gideon Shaw!

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments and all of the congratulations. I'm still pretty wiped out, so I will save the LONG version of the birth story until later.

Short version... I went into labor at 7:15 Wednesday morning, with contractions starting at 15 minutes apart and not too bad... then at 7:45 (yeah, I know) BAM!!! I was in FULL ON LABOR. Contractions got to about 3-4 minutes apart almost immediately. We got to the hospital at 11:30- 5 cm. 1pm-8cm 1:30pm-9cm 2pm- pushing, Born at 2:38pm!!

He made us wait a few days, but when he was ready, he was ready and wanted to get OUT!

We could not have asked for a better or smoother labor and delivery. I will give you all of the details later. God has provided for us so well during this entire process, from beginning to end, and now we have an amazing SON to raise to know and love Him. Could life get any better?

3 comments:

AshleyB said...

Yay Melissa and Micah and Paul! I have been checking here to see when he would be born! I am so happy for you guys! God has blessed you both! And your labor sounds like it went wonderfully! Did it go well with the Bradley method and did LaReese make it there? I am so happy to hear that everything went so well for you guys! God Bless your new family!

Christine said...

Oh my goodness, Melissa! He is so precious! Congratualtions I am so happy for you. Praying for a fast recovery for you. Take care!!!

Laura said...

Oh, I'm so glad everything went smoothly! I have to admit that I'm a little jealous. I have to keep reminding myself to not covet my neighbor's labor. :) Seriously, my labor with #5 was 11 hours, and you went so fast with #1!! But I'm so happy for you and your little guy is adorable!