Friday, March 6, 2009

39 weeks... Hanging in there!

Sorry for the absence in posting for a while. It's been a busy week or so, and I've been getting really tired by the end of the day. All I want to do when we get home from work/school is SLEEP!

We are officially 1 week away from our due date. I had a checkup yesterday with my Dr. and she said everything looks great. I am almost 2cm dilated and about 50% thinned out. The doctor also told me that his head is definitely down and "well engaged" in the pelvis. My reaction to that was "Well, *I* could have told you that!!" I don't think I look like he's "dropped", but I definitely feel like he's scooting on down there. My walking is turning into more of a waddle. The doc says that we can't really predict anything about timing by these numbers, but its good that I am progressing some. I'm ready for this dude to make his appearance any time now (but I have a feeling he may be a little fashionably late).

Speaking of which... who are all of the people voting for Paul to get here almost 2 weeks late??? I want to know where you live! Don't toy with the emotions of a nine month pregnant woman! I know I said I think he'll be late, but COME ON people, a little positivity would be nice! :-)

Overall I've been feeling about as good as I can, I suppose. Tired and swollen by the end of the day, but not much I can do about that. :-) I have actually gone into "nesting" mode, or as close as someone like me (perpetually unorganized and extremely messy) can be. Every night this week, I've done at least a little work on getting the house better prepared for Paul, or things like finalizing our birth plan and making a playlist of mp3's for me to listen to during labor. I was VERY LUCKY to have a visit from the cleaning fairy this past weekend, and so I now have very clean bathrooms and kitchen!! (we're talking oven cleaned, bathtubs and floors scrubbed, everything! all the stuff that it would be near impossible for me to do now) I have the world's best Mom! I love you!!

I will get Micah to take a picture of me tonight and hopefully post it soon. He actually did take a picture last weekend for 38 weeks, but I was not in a good mood that night, and thought it made me look like a whale, so I didn't post it. :-P

We will definitely keep you all updated, and since we found out that there is wireless internet in the hospital rooms, the terms "live blogging" and "flicker stream" have been raised. (Still not sure what a flicker stream is, but Micah is going to be all over that.) :-)

2 comments:

Dorinda said...

I love you too! You look fabulous, and don't think otherwise. Hope you get lots of rest this weekend.
Love, Mom

Sara said...

The people voting for a two week late delivery are just making you grateful if he comes earlier. Not that I was one of them...