Monday, February 16, 2009

36 weeks... counting down!!

Our childbirth teacher gave us some great advice during tonight's class. She said to assume that your baby will be about a week or so late. Just assume it! Be prepared early, so if he comes early, that's great, but don't think that they will come early or even on time, because if(when) they don't, that waiting will be AWFUL! She said that she disregarded her own advice and convinced herself that her last child would be early, and was miserable when she was a week late.

So, with that in mind, if Paul decides to make an early arrival, that would be great, but I'm going to try and not really expect him until around Karissa's birthday (the 21st) or after. Don't worry, I have already packed a bag for the hospital, so we won't be caught off guard, just in case!

Not a whole lot has changed this week from last. I'm still feeling good, and dealing with the swelling feet ok. We picked up some of Paul's bedroom furniture this past weekend, and I actually did a couple loads of laundry and put away all of the newborn to 3 month clothes. The other clothes we have been given are in rubbermaid bins, sorted by size, but haven't been washed yet. How organized am I?? I must say, I am pretty impressed with myself. The room itself still needs a LOT of work, and cleaning, but we'll get there. Now that we at least have clean clothes and a hospital bag packed, I'm not that anxious about it.

The belly is getting bigger, it seems like every day I look down and think, "I wasn't this big yesterday..." Here it is folks!

Micah made a cameo in this week's picture because we were trying out our new tripod! I found it on sale at Target, and so far it looks to be pretty good.

I am now starting into my weekly doctor appointments. I go on Wednesday, and from now on I have to see her every week! Looks like I will be "accidently" missing my wednesday afternoon class for a while. (Hey, we pedo residents are only auditing the class anyway, and most of the time they talk about stuff that is totally irrelevant to us, so I have no guilt there.)

No comments: