Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Getting Closer!!

We are officially halfway through 34 weeks! Only 5 1/2 weeks to go (well, since the average pregnancy actually goes about 41 weeks, maybe we've got a little longer than that) Paul is getting bigger (and so am I) and sometimes he feels like he is trying to kick his way out of my belly! Seriously, sometimes I have to look down there and say "Sorry buddy! That's not how you get out!"



Things have been going pretty well this week. On Thursday last week I suddenly thought that I had all this motivation to clean and organize the house. I told Micah "I'm going to clean this weekend, I mean *really* clean!" Well.... fast forward to Saturday when Micah had to spend the day doing dental screenings at the school's outreach booth at the flea market, and I was home alone... with hours of fun, albeit totally pointless stuff on Tivo... Yeah... all that motivation I had earlier in the week sort of disappeared. :-P Let's just say I watched a LOT of Cash Cab on Saturday. Oh well!

We went to Sam's on Sunday and perused the free samples before loading up on the cold items we needed to buy. A sweet older lady was giving out samples of frozen creme puffs. She looked at me and said, "You know, these would be great for a baby shower!" hehehe. yummy!!

I am SUPER EXCITED about this weekend. I get to see some wonderful people that I have been missing for a long time! YAY!!

My "cankles" have been doing much better lately. I think a big part of the problem I had last week was 1) shoes were too tight, and 2) I had chinese takeout on monday night and ate WAY too much fried rice (read: enough sodium to kill a horse). No wonder I was retaining water.

I got some new work shoes on Thursday, they are soft and flexible, and still supportive, and I bought them 1 1/2 sizes larger than normal, and they have been doing great! I'm trying to cut back on salt, and drinking lots of water, and so far that has been helping a TON!

Our childbirth classes have been going very well. I am allready feeling much more calm and confident about Paul's arrival. It makes me feel a lot better and a lot less nervous because I feel like I'm doing everything I can to be educated and prepared for his birth.

We should have some new pictures to post tomorrow after our ultrasound! yay! Hopefully Paul is in the right position! We'll find out tomorrow and let you know.

2 comments:

Jeremy Shaw said...

cleaning?? bah. I think they call that the 'nesting instinct'.

Melissa said...

I think I am missing the nesting gene. After Micah's out of school I'll just have to hire someone to clean for me. haha!