Ok, so I thought I'd vent about a little pet peeve of mine of late...
I consider myself a generally laid back person. There are a few things that really annoy me though. My biggest pet peeve by far is people who block an intersection at a red light. Like they REALLY think they will get through faster by blocking everyone else. ugh.
One new pet peeve of mine that has hit recently (and I'm not sure why it bothers me so much) is people who say "Well, you're actually pregnant for 10 months".
Really.
Come on.
"Well, 40 weeks... isn't that 10 months?"
Really.
"Well, yeah, because there are 4 weeks in a month."
Really.
Where did you go to school? The only month that has only 4 weeks is February. The rest are almost 4 1/2 weeks long.
Lets do the math here.
If your last cycle, for example, was June 6 2008, and you get pregnant, 40 weeks later is March 13. Hmm... June 6 to March 13. That is 9 months + 1 week.
Lets see... There's also the fact that you're not even pregnant for those first two weeks.
So, using our previous example. That would be approximately June 20-March 13.
Wow, so really, thats not even quite 9 months!
So where does this "You're really pregnant for 10 months" thing come from???? Maybe I'll change my mind after this month when the last few weeks of pregnancy crawl by and it FEELS like 10 months (but its still not really 10 months people!!! )


No comments:
Post a Comment